This is the best Sourdough Bread I have ever had as well it should since I made it. If you make this recipe it is sure to be the best.
This is based on the basic recipes I had discovered for making Sourdough and I have worked on my own modifications for this recipe.
Easy to use and get started with instructions included and found here on the Tavern website.
The Best Damn Sourdough Bread
- 138 g water
- 250 g Rogues 49er sourdough starter
- 235 g flour
- 15 g wheat flour
- 10 g salt
- Measure out 138g water into a large bowl
- Add 250g starter to water and mix well
- add flour and mix into a big mess then let it sit for 30 min.
- Now add the salt and do the slap and fold for 5 to 10 min until you feel the dough change texture.
- On a lightly floured surface do 1/3 fold into ball and let rest 10 min
- Flip over a lightly floured surface do 1/3 fold into ball and let rest 10 min
- Flip over a lightly floured surface and do 1/3 fold into ball and let rest 10 min
- Place in fermenting basket with well flowered cloth on bottom bowl topside up and then let rise 2 to 3 hours or 1.5+ in size
- At this point you can also place it in your fridge over night and continue it in the morning.
- Preheat Dutch Oven in your oven to 500.
- Flip bread out of bowel into Dutch over place lid on and place in oven for 20 min (nice trick here is just before closing the lid add a quick spritz from a water sprayer it will improve the spring of the dough)
- *** Important*** Take lid off cook at 425 for additional 20 min
- Let cool for 30 min before cutting or if you can wait let cool several hours. ( I rarely do) Enjoy