This is a spice blend that can be made ahead and stored for quick use. With a quick change of ingredients you can make either Spanish rice or Mexican Rice depending on the meal you want to make.
With a quick change in ingredients it can either be Spanish or Mexican rice.
As a Mexican rice it goes great with Rogues Refried Beans
Rogues Spanish / Mexican Rice
- 1 tbsp dried onion
- 1 tbsp Red & Green Pepper Flakes
- 2 tsp Parsley
- 1½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ⅛ tsp Black Pepper
- 500 ml Can Chopped Tomatoes
For Spanish Rice
- ⅙ tsp Turmeric
For Mexican Rice
- 1 tsp Rogues Death Pepper mix or Red Pepper You can also use cyan pepper
- ½ tsp Cumin
- Mix All dry ingredients together and store for later use
- When making rice stir in can of tomatoes as part of the water you use add enough water for your rice and add spice mix to rice and cook as usual.. Prepare Rice as usual.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on TheRoguesOasis.com should only be used as a general guideline.