This meat Loaf recipe is always a hit and you can always leave out the Feta if its not your thing.
This is a meatloaf recipe I have been working on for year and managed to perfect with just the right flavours. The feta is an added luxury and is not needed but add that great savory flavour for those that like feta cheese.
When paired with mashed potatoes, Rogues homemade gravy (recipe here) and corn it is a complete home comfort meal that everyone enjoys.
This goes great with Rogues Easy Gravy
Rogues Meat Loaf w/Feta
- Medium bowl
- Loaf pans
- Medium Frying pan (cast iron preferred)
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 200 grams Feta Cheese
- 1 med Onion
- 3 med Fresh Mushrooms
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 Spring Onions
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 dash Chipotle Seasoning This is optional
- 1/4 tsp Dried Chives
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Fine Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Corn Flake Crumbs you can substitute corn meal here
- Preheat Oven to 350° deg F
- Place Ground Beef into a medium size bowl
- Crumble Feta Cheese into a separate bowl and set aside
Prepare Fresh Ingredients
- Chop Spring Onions and set aside with Feta
- Slice Onion to liking
- Finely chop Garlic
- Slice Mushrooms to liking
- In medium pan (preferably cast iron) meat to medium high heat and melt butter then add Onions and cook until caramelized. Then add Mushrooms and Garlic and cook until mushrooms are done. Then Set aside into a bowl to cool while finishing preps on everything else. Save a small amount of this mix and the drippings from the pan for the Gravy recipe is also available on The Rogues Tavern.
Prepare Dry Ingredients
- Put all dry ingredients into bowl with Ground beef
- Add Egg and then get your hands in there and mix well.
- Add the cooked onion/garlic/mushroom mix and then mix well
- Add the spring onions and mix well
- Flatten the ground beef out on wax paper and sprinkle the feta over it then roll it up and shape for your pan.
- Form into a loaf to fit your pan and place in oven. (you may want a cookie tray underneath loaf pan in case grease overflows from the loaf) Cook at 350°F for 35 to 45 min using a tooth pick or similar to check when done.
- When done remove from oven and let for at least 5 min to all meat to rest. Remove from pan slice and enjoy.
- This meal is best enjoyed with Mash Potatoes and Corn.