This is a great simple meal that can be made with any pasta shape you like. It is great with Linguine as shown in the images it is also fantastic using other shapes pasta. There are so many to choose from so go crazy.
Rogues' Lemon Basil Chicken Pasta
- 3 Boneless Chicken breasts
- 8 oz Linguine noodles
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 2½ Tbsp Flour
- 1 cup Chicken broth homemade is best and you can use beef broth
- ¼ cup Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Fresh basil leaves (you can substitute with 2 Tbsp Dried Basil)
- 3 cloves garlic (more if you like garlic)
- 3 florets Broccoli ( sliced thin)
- ½ Carrot (sliced length wise)
- 3 Mushrooms (sliced)
- ¼ Bell Pepper (sliced
- Bring large pot of water to a boil and add about some salt to it to flavour the pasta.
- Prepare all your veggies and gather the spices. I find it useful to have a small dish I measure everything into and set aside. Slice all veggies and place on a place and set aside
- Split Chicken breasts in 2 set then sprinkle all sides with salt and pepper. You can either grill the chicken, cook in the oven. But I have found the best way is to bring out the large cast iron skillet and fry them in that with Tallow or Olive oil. once the chicken is done remove from pan and set on a tray in the oven on low to keep them warm while you do the rest.
- Put your pasta in the now boiling water.
- While the pasta is cooking Add all chopped veggies to pan you just cooked the chicken in scraping it to loosen the bits and pieces stuck to pan and stir fry for 3 to 5min. (you can add a teaspoon or two of the pasta water to help loosen everything up)
- Once the veggies have softened a bit add the butter into the pan. Once it's melted whisk in the flour well to make a Rue.
- Add in The Broth, lemon Juice and spices bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer for 2-4 min
- Your pasta should be done now so you will want to drain it and reserve about a cup of the pasta water.
- Toss drained pasta into a large bowl and then scrape all the sauce and veggies you made into the bowl and mix well.
- Pull the warm chicken out of oven divide into portions and serve.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on TheRoguesOasis.com should only be used as a general guideline.