This is a great quick and easy hummus recipe
A quick easy Hummus recipe
- measuring cups and spoons
- 1 540ml can Chick Peas (Garbanzo Beans) Will need ½ tsp baking soda to help remove skins
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- 1-10 cloves Garlic
- ½ tsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Tahini
- 2-3 Tbsp Water
- ½ tsp Cayenne Peppers or use Rogues' Death pepper Mix Optional Item
- ½ med Chopped bell pepper any colour
Remove skins from Chick peas (Garbanzo Beans)
- Place can of Chick Peas and baking soda in a medium pot bring to a simmer for 5 min.
- drain and rinse
- put bean back in pot add cold water then with hand rub the beans and help skin slip off. Remove as many skins as you can this will help you get a smoother better tasting Hummus.
Mix & Blend all ingredients.
- Place all in ingredients into a blender or a food processor and blend until smooth
- Scoop into a bowl and top with chopped bell pepper.
- serve with crackers or pita bread and enjoy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hummus, home prepared
1 cup (246 g)
|Total Fat21.1 g||32%|
|Saturated fat2.8 g||14%|
|Polyunsaturated fat5.2 g|
|Monounsaturated fat12 g|
|Total Carbohydrate49 g||16%|
|Dietary fiber9.8 g||39%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.