Prepare for Winter with this tonic that is both healthy and good for you and will help stave off the cold and flu. There is so much a good Fire-Cider can do for you and you can grow all the stuff yourself it is even better.
Rogues' Fire Cider
- Sharp knife and cutting board
- 2 Quart Jars
- 4 cups Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- ⅓ cup Grated Horse Radish
- ½ cup Ginger
- ⅓ cup Diced Turmeric
- 5-20 cloves Garlic Crushed
- 2 med Diced Onion
- 2-10 Hot Chili Peppers your favourite the hotter the better I use Carolina reapers, scorpion, jalapeno and other hot peppers
- 2 large Lemons grate zest then slice
- 2 Tbsp Rosemary
- 2 Tbsp Thyme
- ½ cup chopped parsley or ¼ dry
- 1 cinnamon stick per jar
- 1 tsp pepper corns per jar
- 2 Bay leafs per jar
- 2 tbsp oregano per jar
- 1 Tbsp Celery seed per jar
- 1 tsp coriander/cumin seed per jar
- 1 tsp mustard seed per jar
Prepare all ingredients
- Chop, dice and grate everything except the horseradish save this for last
- layer everything in Jar then grate the horseradish and add that. Let sit about 3 min then pour in the Vinegar up to the top of jar.
- If you do not have plastic lid use parchment paper to keep lid from touching the vinegar
- shake jar well to combine everything
- set on your counter for four weeks shaking when ever you think about it
- After four weeks strain out everything and keep the liquid squeeze out as much liquid as you can.
- Solids can be used in a stir fry , fed to chickens or composted
- add honey to liquid until you get the taste you like
- store in refrigerator or cold dark place and take1 to 3 Tbsp when needed. Can be mixed into other drinks.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on TheRoguesOasis.com should only be used as a general guideline.